Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Double Dip

It's hard to work when there is a day game going on. My general feeling is to just cut work and bring the laptop to the park. In these days of Blackberries and Wifi, why the heck do I need to be in the office? I am just going to be listening to the game on the radio anyway. Clitty and I cut work last Thursday to catch the home opener and it was the best decision we made all week. Granted, we were both on a tear which started with our respective bachelor/bachelorette parties from the weekend before, so I can hardly say we had made a lot of smart decisions so far that week. Staying out until 5 am on a weeknight is a prime example of "it seemed like a good idea at the time". Maybe it is escapism from wedding planning, maybe it was us not wanting the weekend to end, but either way I make no apologies for spending the only sunny afternoon last week seeing the G's take their first win from the slackjaw Braves. But yesterday I was obliged to be in the office and had to settle for Jon Miller's description of Morris pitching great curve balls and getting his K on.

So right now it is Friday and I am "working from home" and I have the second game of yesterday's double header on the TiVo and right now it is the top of the 7th. I am not impressed. Cain pitched well, in spite of giving a two run homer to Berkman, but amazingly struck his way out of a bunch of tight spots, so he should feel no shame. That kid has a bright future, and a great first name to match! But in spite of keeping the big Astro bats (mostly) at bay, there is that painfully familiar sight of more base runners stranded than the cast of Lost. It just kills me to see that when there is other so much great hitting. And now Kevin Chokerea walking runners home. And hey! Fillipe is sending Walker to the bullpen! This is not going to end well.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?